Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dil Se ...

I choose this Gulzar lyrics to be my 1st blog cos this is how i feel right now. I'm not a good writer & never one to pen my feelings. But this beginning is an attemp to understand my limitations as a writer.

DIL SE

" dil hai to phir dard hoga,
dard hai to dil bhi hoga,
dil se re......"

The preset notions were redefined, Maturity had arrived and along with it came the thought process. The ability to reason & the ability to distinguish. But there are times when the thought process proceeds in just a single direction. These are times, when you see what you wish to see, you believe what you wish to believe. These are times, when the clock is turned back, way back to infantile.

Every love begins as an infatuation. when fuelled with proper resources at the right time, it blossoms into love. Or else, some tend to be casual flirtations, some crazy antics of adolescence. some dreams get transformed into reality, some don't.

History records tragedy as an abrupt end to a young infatuated dream. The fire burns bright, the passion's red, only to be subdued by rather cruel chance or fate. You tend to think and realise that this was actually the way it was supposed to happen and did happen, cos one cant fight fate. You wish your heart could think that way. Perhaps, it's this absurd connection between the heart and the brain which makes man such a complex creature.
To fall in love is not a Sin.
It's when,
Just a smile could send your heartbeats soaring to the highest audible levels,
Just a look could motivate you to your best behaviour, over and over again.
Just a touch could trigger off unknown feelings of togetherness in your system,
You know you're in love
Even desire which is so inherently explosive in man remains a mute spectator when tainted with love, or in earlier stages, infatuation.
Wish and realities would'nt be so harsh and perhaps fantasies would assume command atleast once. Wish the faintest hint would drill the greatest thought. But then, this in reality is nothing but the easiest way of decieving oneself for what a man wishes he generally believes it to be true.
What actually begins as an impression turns into an obsession. What begins as an obsession turns into a possession.

Every disappointed, every sadness, every remembrance will be healed by time. but still, the pain will linger on.
" For the heart has its reasons, the mind knows nothing of ".

8 comments:

Aditi Chauhan said...

I think its more to do with mindset and mental blocks than love!!
If u wanna forget someone, u very well can but after 3 years of not being together if one still wants to talk about hurting heart and things of the like,then its a choice the individual has made for himself and has no right to complain......
I believe noone can be made to feel in a certain way unless he himself wants to!!

Well, good start phats!!
Keep up the good work, looking forward to reading more here...Happy blogging and welcome to the club:-)

Pratik said...

Well said ads! Your correct when u say its a choice one makes for himself.
If only one could decide & act at will, then love would be easy. Forgetting would be easier.
There are events that one can never forget & a true relationship, that much more difficult to forget.
But life moves on & so have I. I'm at peace with myself & I think good memories of past relatonship can coexist with my present.
Thanx for the appreciation & I'm hoping I can contribute more within my limitations as a blogger.

Aditi Chauhan said...

Well, I've never been in a situation like that so can't really say how true it is....But, I know for a matter of fact that if ur will power is strong and if u have decided not to be used by ne1, u can forget ne1/nething under the sun!!

Very personal opinion though, but I find it very cheesy to talk about co-existence of past and present!!Its not practical and will only ruin ur present!!There is NO such thing as a utopian concept existent!!!!!!But, hmmm, again boils down to how one wants to handle it for himself!!

AJ{ax} said...

well.
let me join the bandwagon. Firstly, congrats bro on breaking the inhibitions and finally doing IT !!! Its a big first step and one that you will not regret.

To spice up the conversation here's my take. A utopian world exists, though not materialistically, it does in each person's eyes. Each one of us being the dreamers we are, envision a utopian world in which things would be just right for me and for people i care about. So if in your utopian world, an amalgamation of some good or bad past memories with the present helps to create a delicious recipe, then so be it!
But, that might just not be the case for someone else you know.

I believe, this is what differentiates you from Ads and me from the both of you.

AJ{ax} said...

btw. you have reignited the fire within me to blog as well now. After a seemingly long hiatus, I plan to return sometime next week post this mundane examination shite that this MBA puts you through.

Your gonna be tagged on my blog as well. So I hope to come here often enough to find something to read. Dont disappoint me. Cuz I know if there is something to read, it sure is gonna be good.

Aditi Chauhan said...

Weaving a dream around one's utopian world is an awesome way of feeling happy and good!!But, is that wat life brings u down to finally??Is it all about feeling good??Is it all about dreaming??
My take:This recipe is like a nectar coated glass of poison!!
Well, its more of an attempt to escape from the reality, n i don not approve of something like that for my best friend!!
At the end, its a decision u need to make, to put it right, the decision u have already made, n i hope its right and gives u all the happiness in d world!!


@AJAX: My dear, Ajax, I really REALLY wanna know wat is it that makes u different from US?????

N ya AJAX, pls get back blogging asap, i need some good dose of read!!:-)

Pratik said...

Firstly thanx Ajax for the encouragement. Remember, u inspired me to get into blogging. Its really a challenge to acually put into words, whats always in our mind. I'm liking it.

There are certain things about relationships, past or present that always keep bothering us. I guess they are meant to be that way, with the way our mental structure is.

My point is, why cant we then make
sure that all these problems co-exist with better things in a relationship. That is eventually the key to "Nirmal Anand", as said in a great Hrishikesh Mukherjee film. I quote this cos that is what a Utopian world would then be. Where even our daily problem can co-exist with our happiness!
That for me is the key.

I cant see how one can escape the reality with such an approach.

Some can, some cant!

AJ{ax} said...

ok, firstly let me try and answer aditi's question.
Life is not all reality. Life is largely perception, and perception is what you create of life in your mind and your effort to bring it to reality as much as possible.
You cannot also deny the fact that reality doesnt always pan out or exist the way it does. Reality more often than not is just an outcome of the way you think or feel and that as i said before, can surely be in an utopian concept. Its probably equivalent to saying that you are an eternal optimist, but well, whats wrong with that.